CALL FOR PAPERS

CERTIFICATE

IMPACT FACTOR 2019

Subject Area

  • Life Sciences / Biology
  • Architecture / Building Management
  • Asian Studies
  • Business & Management
  • Chemistry
  • Computer Science
  • Economics & Finance
  • Engineering / Acoustics
  • Environmental Science
  • Agricultural Sciences
  • Pharmaceutical Sciences
  • General Sciences
  • Materials Science
  • Mathematics
  • Medicine
  • Nanotechnology & Nanoscience
  • Nonlinear Science
  • Chaos & Dynamical Systems
  • Physics
  • Social Sciences & Humanities

Why Us? >>

  • Open Access
  • Peer Reviewed
  • Rapid Publication
  • Life time hosting
  • Free promotion service
  • Free indexing service
  • More citations
  • Search engine friendly

Plagiarism Detection

IJCR is following an instant policy on rejection those received papers with plagiarism rate of more than 20%. So, All of authors and contributors must check their papers before submission to making assurance of following our anti-plagiarism policies.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Diabetes health belief of type 2 adult diabetic patients attending chronic follow up units of dessie referral hospital, northeast Ethiopia

Author: 
Sisay Gedamu and Abebe Dires
Subject Area: 
Life Sciences
Abstract: 

Background: Diabetes health belief scale was developed to measure attitudes about diabetes self care which could help to explain compliance with prescribed medical regimens. The degree to which patients follow advice as self-care behaviours is determined by health belief of diabetes. Objective: To assess diabetes health beliefs of type 2 adult diabetic patients attending chronic follow up units of Dessie referral hospital. Method: Cross-sectional study design was conducted from May 1 to 30, 2018 in Dessie referral hospital diabetic chronic follow up units. Systematic random sampling was a method to select a total of 278 type 2 diabetic patients by using patient registration book as a sampling frame. Data was collected by interview. Epidata 3.1 and SPSS version 23 software were applied for data entry and analysis respectively. Tables and graphs were used to present descriptive analysis. A bivariate logistic regression analysis was done to see the crude association between independent and outcome variables. After that multiple logistic regression model was done by selecting only variables with P-value <0.2 in bivariate analysis. Significant statically association were considered based on adjusted odd ratio included in 95% confidence interval at P-value less than 0.05. Results: Among respondents 43.5% had low aggregate diabetes health belief and the rest 56.5% had high diabetes health belief. From those variables which were entered to multivariate analysis model marital status, attended a diabetic education, perceived susceptibility, perceived severity, perceived benefit and perceived barrier were found to be significantly statistical associated with aggregate diabetes health belief. Conclusion and recommendations: Diabetes health beliefs of patients were not adequate so that there is a need to improve diabetes health beliefs of patients. Attention should be given towards diabetes health belief by Dessie referral hospital administrators, health care professionals, diabetic associations and researchers.

PDF file: 

IJMCE RECOMMENDATION

ONLINE PAYPAL PAYMENT

CURRENT ISSUE

NEWS

CHIEF EDITOR
Rosane Cavalcante Fragoso, Brasil
ASSOCIATE CHIEF EDITOR

   

Jean-Marc SABATIER
Chief Scientific Officer and Head of a Research Group
France

Advantages of IJCR

  • Rapid Publishing
  • Professional publishing practices
  • Indexing in leading database
  • High level of citation
  • High Qualitiy reader base
  • High level author suport

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

EDITORIAL BOARD

Luai Farhan Zghair
Iraq
Hasan Ali Abed Al-Zu’bi
Jordanian
Fredrick OJIJA
Tanzanian
Firuza M. Tursunkhodjaeva
Uzbekistan
Faraz Ahmed Farooqi
Saudi Arabia
Eric Randy Reyes Politud
Philippines
Elsadig Gasoom FadelAlla Elbashir
Sudan
Eapen, Asha Sarah
United State
Dr.Arun Kumar A
India
Dr. Zafar Iqbal
Pakistan
Dr. SHAHERA S.PATEL
India
Dr. Ruchika Khanna
India
Dr. Recep TAS
Turkey
Dr. Rasha Ali Eldeeb
Egypt
Dr. Pralhad Kanhaiyalal Rahangdale
India
DR. PATRICK D. CERNA
Philippines
Dr. Nicolas Padilla- Raygoza
Mexico
Dr. Mustafa Y. G. Younis
Libiya
Dr. Muhammad shoaib Ahmedani
Saudi Arabia
DR. MUHAMMAD ISMAIL MOHMAND
United State
DR. MAHESH SHIVAJI CHAVAN
India
DR. M. ARUNA
India
Dr. Lim Gee Nee
Malaysia
Dr. Jatinder Pal Singh Chawla
India
DR. IRAM BOKHARI
Pakistan
Dr. FARHAT NAZ RAHMAN
Pakistan
Dr. Devendra kumar Gupta
India
Dr. ASHWANI KUMAR DUBEY
India
Dr. Ali Seidi
Iran
Dr. Achmad Choerudin
Indonesia
Dr Ashok Kumar Verma
India
Thi Mong Diep NGUYEN
France
Dr. Muhammad Akram
Pakistan
Dr. Imran Azad
Oman
Dr. Meenakshi Malik
India
Aseel Hadi Hamzah
Iraq
Anam Bhatti
Malaysia
Md. Amir Hossain
Bangladesh
Ahmet İPEKÇİ
Turkey
Mirzadi Gohari
Iran