CALL FOR PAPERS

CERTIFICATE

IMPACT FACTOR 2019

Subject Area

  • Life Sciences / Biology
  • Architecture / Building Management
  • Asian Studies
  • Business & Management
  • Chemistry
  • Computer Science
  • Economics & Finance
  • Engineering / Acoustics
  • Environmental Science
  • Agricultural Sciences
  • Pharmaceutical Sciences
  • General Sciences
  • Materials Science
  • Mathematics
  • Medicine
  • Nanotechnology & Nanoscience
  • Nonlinear Science
  • Chaos & Dynamical Systems
  • Physics
  • Social Sciences & Humanities

Why Us? >>

  • Open Access
  • Peer Reviewed
  • Rapid Publication
  • Life time hosting
  • Free promotion service
  • Free indexing service
  • More citations
  • Search engine friendly

Plagiarism Detection

IJCR is following an instant policy on rejection those received papers with plagiarism rate of more than 20%. So, All of authors and contributors must check their papers before submission to making assurance of following our anti-plagiarism policies.

 

 

 

 

Assessing the pharmaceutical care issues of hospitalised epileptic patients

Author: 
Mohamed Mansor Manan, Salmiah Mohd Ali and Rose Aniza Rusli
Subject Area: 
Health Sciences
Abstract: 

Studies concerning epilepsy in the context of Pharmaceutical Care in Malaysia are lacking. Thus, this study aims to determine the issues on hospitalised epileptic patients prescribed on anti-epileptic drugs (AED. Factors associated with uncontrolled seizure and hospitalisation and the drug related problems (DRP) encountered were described. Adult epileptic patients were screened and those fulfilling the inclusion criteria were recruited. These patients must be confirmed cases of epilepsy and on AED’s for at least two months. The results showed 56.9% of patients’ defaulted AED doses prior to the seizure attack. The remaining 43.1% of the patients were affected by emotional stress, fever, weather and alcohol. The DRPs identified were non-adherence towards medication (64.6%), dose inadequacy (51.9%, inappropriate drugs of choice with respect to specific indication (35%), underreporting of adverse effects (76.2%), underutilisation of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring services (41.5%) and inappropriateness of therapy of patients with liver diseases. Nevertheless, medication adherence was found to be the major factor for uncontrolled epilepsy (OR= 7.06, CI= 1.29-38.56, P = 0.019). Among the non-adherers, only 19% received medication counselling upon discharge (P = 0.043). In summary, pharmacists are needed to address the mentioned DRPs so as to optimize drug therapy in achieving the desired treatment goal.

PDF file: 

IJMCE RECOMMENDATION

ONLINE PAYPAL PAYMENT

CURRENT ISSUE

NEWS

CHIEF EDITOR
Rosane Cavalcante Fragoso, Brasil
ASSOCIATE CHIEF EDITOR

   

Jean-Marc SABATIER
Chief Scientific Officer and Head of a Research Group
France

Advantages of IJCR

  • Rapid Publishing
  • Professional publishing practices
  • Indexing in leading database
  • High level of citation
  • High Qualitiy reader base
  • High level author suport

EDITORIAL BOARD

Luai Farhan Zghair
Iraq
Hasan Ali Abed Al-Zu’bi
Jordanian
Fredrick OJIJA
Tanzanian
Firuza M. Tursunkhodjaeva
Uzbekistan
Faraz Ahmed Farooqi
Saudi Arabia
Eric Randy Reyes Politud
Philippines
Elsadig Gasoom FadelAlla Elbashir
Sudan
Eapen, Asha Sarah
United State
Dr.Arun Kumar A
India
Dr. Zafar Iqbal
Pakistan
Dr. SHAHERA S.PATEL
India
Dr. Ruchika Khanna
India
Dr. Recep TAS
Turkey
Dr. Rasha Ali Eldeeb
Egypt
Dr. Pralhad Kanhaiyalal Rahangdale
India
DR. PATRICK D. CERNA
Philippines
Dr. Nicolas Padilla- Raygoza
Mexico
Dr. Mustafa Y. G. Younis
Libiya
Dr. Muhammad shoaib Ahmedani
Saudi Arabia
DR. MUHAMMAD ISMAIL MOHMAND
United State
DR. MAHESH SHIVAJI CHAVAN
India
DR. M. ARUNA
India
Dr. Lim Gee Nee
Malaysia
Dr. Jatinder Pal Singh Chawla
India
DR. IRAM BOKHARI
Pakistan
Dr. FARHAT NAZ RAHMAN
Pakistan
Dr. Devendra kumar Gupta
India
Dr. ASHWANI KUMAR DUBEY
India
Dr. Ali Seidi
Iran
Dr. Achmad Choerudin
Indonesia
Dr Ashok Kumar Verma
India
Thi Mong Diep NGUYEN
France
Dr. Muhammad Akram
Pakistan
Dr. Imran Azad
Oman
Dr. Meenakshi Malik
India
Aseel Hadi Hamzah
Iraq
Anam Bhatti
Malaysia
Md. Amir Hossain
Bangladesh
Ahmet İPEKÇİ
Turkey
Mirzadi Gohari
Iran