CALL FOR PAPERS

CERTIFICATE

IMPACT FACTOR 2018

Subject Area

  • Life Sciences / Biology
  • Architecture / Building Management
  • Asian Studies
  • Business & Management
  • Chemistry
  • Computer Science
  • Economics & Finance
  • Engineering / Acoustics
  • Environmental Science
  • Agricultural Sciences
  • Pharmaceutical Sciences
  • General Sciences
  • Materials Science
  • Mathematics
  • Medicine
  • Nanotechnology & Nanoscience
  • Nonlinear Science
  • Chaos & Dynamical Systems
  • Physics
  • Social Sciences & Humanities

Why Us? >>

  • Open Access
  • Peer Reviewed
  • Rapid Publication
  • Life time hosting
  • Free promotion service
  • Free indexing service
  • More citations
  • Search engine friendly

Plagiarism Detection

IJCR is following an instant policy on rejection those received papers with plagiarism rate of more than 20%. So, All of authors and contributors must check their papers before submission to making assurance of following our anti-plagiarism policies.

Association of abo and rh blood groups to hiv infection among blood donors in a blood bank of tertiary care teaching hospital in southern India: a retrospective study

Author: 
Suresh, B., Sreedhar Babu, K.V. and Chandramouli, P.
Subject Area: 
Health Sciences
Abstract: 

Background: ABO blood group has been found to be associated with the risk of several malignancies, including gastric cancer, pancreatic cancer, ovarian epithelial and skin cancer. This work was therefore aimed at assessing the ABO and Rh blood group antigens and risk associated with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection among blood donors. Materials and methods: This is a retrospective cross-sectional analytical study carried out in the department of Transfusion Medicine of a tertiary care teaching hospital blood bank for a period of 6 years i.e. January 2009 to December 2014. All blood donors either voluntary or replacement were included in the study. Data retrieved from blood bank records included the ABO, Rh group and the result of HIV serology. Statistical analysis was carried out using SPSS version 16, SPSS Inc, Chicago, USA. Results: A total number of 41652 blood donors were registered and screened during the study period. The commonest blood group was O constituting 41.5% followed by B (32.6%), A (19.8%), AB (6.1%) and Bombay (0.02%). Rh-D positive donors were 92.9% and remaining 7.1% were Rh-D negative. The overall prevalence of HIV was 0.66%. Among total HIV seroreactive donors 42.6% were O blood group, B-27.8%, A-22.2% and AB-7.4%. Among the total seroreactive group, 93.5% had Rh-D positive blood group and remaining 6.5% had Rh-D negative blood group. Conclusion: In this study conducted to determine the predominant blood group antigen and its association with HIV seroreactivity. The frequency of HIV among blood donors had maximum association with blood group O positive but not statistically significant. Larger scale studies at molecular level are required to improve the knowledge of this aspect.

PDF file: 

IJMCE RECOMMENDATION

ONLINE PAYPAL PAYMENT

CURRENT ISSUE

NEWS

CHIEF EDITOR
Rosane Cavalcante Fragoso, Brasil
ASSOCIATE CHIEF EDITOR

   

Jean-Marc SABATIER
Chief Scientific Officer and Head of a Research Group
France

Advantages of IJCR

  • Rapid Publishing
  • Professional publishing practices
  • Indexing in leading database
  • High level of citation
  • High Qualitiy reader base
  • High level author suport

EDITORIAL BOARD

Luai Farhan Zghair
Iraq
Hasan Ali Abed Al-Zu’bi
Jordanian
Fredrick OJIJA
Tanzanian
Firuza M. Tursunkhodjaeva
Uzbekistan
Faraz Ahmed Farooqi
Saudi Arabia
Eric Randy Reyes Politud
Philippines
Elsadig Gasoom FadelAlla Elbashir
Sudan
Eapen, Asha Sarah
United State
Dr.Arun Kumar A
India
Dr. Zafar Iqbal
Pakistan
Dr. SHAHERA S.PATEL
India
Dr. Ruchika Khanna
India
Dr. Recep TAS
Turkey
Dr. Rasha Ali Eldeeb
Egypt
Dr. Pralhad Kanhaiyalal Rahangdale
India
DR. PATRICK D. CERNA
Philippines
Dr. Nicolas Padilla- Raygoza
Mexico
Dr. Mustafa Y. G. Younis
Libiya
Dr. Muhammad shoaib Ahmedani
Saudi Arabia
DR. MUHAMMAD ISMAIL MOHMAND
United State
DR. MAHESH SHIVAJI CHAVAN
India
DR. M. ARUNA
India
Dr. Lim Gee Nee
Malaysia
Dr. Jatinder Pal Singh Chawla
India
DR. IRAM BOKHARI
Pakistan
Dr. FARHAT NAZ RAHMAN
Pakistan
Dr. Devendra kumar Gupta
India
Dr. ASHWANI KUMAR DUBEY
India
Dr. Ali Seidi
Iran
Dr. Achmad Choerudin
Indonesia
Dr Ashok Kumar Verma
India
Thi Mong Diep NGUYEN
France
Dr. Muhammad Akram
Pakistan
Dr. Imran Azad
Oman
Dr. Meenakshi Malik
India
Aseel Hadi Hamzah
Iraq
Anam Bhatti
Malaysia
Md. Amir Hossain
Bangladesh
Ahmet İPEKÇİ
Turkey
Mirzadi Gohari
Iran