CALL FOR PAPERS

CERTIFICATE

IMPACT FACTOR 2018

Subject Area

  • Life Sciences / Biology
  • Architecture / Building Management
  • Asian Studies
  • Business & Management
  • Chemistry
  • Computer Science
  • Economics & Finance
  • Engineering / Acoustics
  • Environmental Science
  • Agricultural Sciences
  • Pharmaceutical Sciences
  • General Sciences
  • Materials Science
  • Mathematics
  • Medicine
  • Nanotechnology & Nanoscience
  • Nonlinear Science
  • Chaos & Dynamical Systems
  • Physics
  • Social Sciences & Humanities

Why Us? >>

  • Open Access
  • Peer Reviewed
  • Rapid Publication
  • Life time hosting
  • Free promotion service
  • Free indexing service
  • More citations
  • Search engine friendly

Plagiarism Detection

IJCR is following an instant policy on rejection those received papers with plagiarism rate of more than 20%. So, All of authors and contributors must check their papers before submission to making assurance of following our anti-plagiarism policies.

Health Seeking Behaviour Of Seriously Ill Pulmonary & Extrapulmonary Tuberculosis Patients Those Who Are Admitted In Thanjavur Study

Author: 
Manimaran, A., Vasudevan, R., Murugan, S., Pugal, U., Rajan, K.P., Muhammed Khaleel, A. and Rajaraman, P.
Subject Area: 
Health Sciences
Abstract: 

Background: Tuberculosis is one of the biggest enigma facing mankind and it is the 5th most common cause of death worldwide. The present study aims at: 1.Studying the patients knowledge about tuberculosis, 2.Estimating the time taken for the patients to approach any health care system after their onset of symptoms, 3.Estimating the time taken by the health care system to process the samples collected and confirm the diagnosis of tuberculosis,4.Estimating the time taken by the health care system to start the treatment regimen once the patient has been diagnosed with tuberculosis. Methods: Patients of seriously ill pulmonary & extra pulmonary tuberculosis those who are admitted in Thoracic Medicine department Ward , in Thanjavur Government Medical College Hospital, were confirmed by sputum smear examination , chest X ray and CT chest. Results: A total of 50 tuberculosis patients were involved in this study. The patients were asked to answer a set of questions from a standard questionnaire (USAID TB Care - II ).The study identified that only 32% had some awareness about tuberculosis, its causes, symptoms, mode of spread, diagnostic facilities and the treatment modalities available for it. The remaining 68% didn't have awareness about tuberculosis. It is observed from the study that 26% of the patients took 1-2 weeks to approach a health care system after the onset of symptoms , 32% of the patients took 2-4 weeks and 42% took more than 1 month. For26% of the patients, the health care system took 1-6 days to confirm the diagnosis of tuberculosis , for 32% it took 1-4 weeks and for 42% it took more than 1 month. About 6% of people are presented with severe life threatening condition like hydropneumothorax and 60 % of people were consulted first in government health provider in that only 32 % people only got the information regarding tuberculosis , remaining 68% of people are unaware about the symptoms and TB treatment . Poor Accessibility for TB diagnosing health facility (per 1 lakh population), for that people have to travel minimum of 10-15 km to reach the GH/ Block PHC /CHC. Conclusion: The present study findings clearly indicates that the knowledge about tuberculosis among patients is not sufficient and this was the cause for delay in the patients to approach the health care system after the onset of symptoms. There was also a delay in the health care system to confirm the diagnosis of tuberculosis in the patients. However, majority of the health care Provider are not giving the adequate information regarding Tuberculosis and Follow up. Thus, the study emphasizes the 1).Need for creating awareness about tuberculosis among the public, right from school level.2).Should create awareness through media (cinema theatres & TV) like Tobacco control.3).Should create the facility for diagnosis of Tuberculosis in all primary health centre level and immediately starting the treatment their itself.

PDF file: 

IJMCE RECOMMENDATION

ONLINE PAYPAL PAYMENT

CURRENT ISSUE

NEWS

CHIEF EDITOR
Rosane Cavalcante Fragoso, Brasil
ASSOCIATE CHIEF EDITOR

   

Jean-Marc SABATIER
Chief Scientific Officer and Head of a Research Group
France

Advantages of IJCR

  • Rapid Publishing
  • Professional publishing practices
  • Indexing in leading database
  • High level of citation
  • High Qualitiy reader base
  • High level author suport

EDITORIAL BOARD

Luai Farhan Zghair
Iraq
Hasan Ali Abed Al-Zu’bi
Jordanian
Fredrick OJIJA
Tanzanian
Firuza M. Tursunkhodjaeva
Uzbekistan
Faraz Ahmed Farooqi
Saudi Arabia
Eric Randy Reyes Politud
Philippines
Elsadig Gasoom FadelAlla Elbashir
Sudan
Eapen, Asha Sarah
United State
Dr.Arun Kumar A
India
Dr. Zafar Iqbal
Pakistan
Dr. SHAHERA S.PATEL
India
Dr. Ruchika Khanna
India
Dr. Recep TAS
Turkey
Dr. Rasha Ali Eldeeb
Egypt
Dr. Pralhad Kanhaiyalal Rahangdale
India
DR. PATRICK D. CERNA
Philippines
Dr. Nicolas Padilla- Raygoza
Mexico
Dr. Mustafa Y. G. Younis
Libiya
Dr. Muhammad shoaib Ahmedani
Saudi Arabia
DR. MUHAMMAD ISMAIL MOHMAND
United State
DR. MAHESH SHIVAJI CHAVAN
India
DR. M. ARUNA
India
Dr. Lim Gee Nee
Malaysia
Dr. Jatinder Pal Singh Chawla
India
DR. IRAM BOKHARI
Pakistan
Dr. FARHAT NAZ RAHMAN
Pakistan
Dr. Devendra kumar Gupta
India
Dr. ASHWANI KUMAR DUBEY
India
Dr. Ali Seidi
Iran
Dr. Achmad Choerudin
Indonesia
Dr Ashok Kumar Verma
India
Thi Mong Diep NGUYEN
France
Dr. Muhammad Akram
Pakistan
Dr. Imran Azad
Oman
Dr. Meenakshi Malik
India
Aseel Hadi Hamzah
Iraq
Anam Bhatti
Malaysia
Md. Amir Hossain
Bangladesh
Ahmet İPEKÇİ
Turkey
Mirzadi Gohari
Iran